Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Shoes.


"Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be.
But before you start pointing fingers...
Make sure your hands are clean."
- Bob Marley


We always end up judging each other, no matter how much we deny it.
Many times I've been asked, rather quite harshly, to put myself into another's shoes and understand just why they whined about the blisters.
Maybe its just me, but.. My feet dont fit into other people's shoes at all.
I don't think empathy exists. Its an absurd concept, simply because its impossible to understand exactly what someone goes through when they have a situation.
Even if I somehow do find myself stuck in the same shoes as the previous person,
.. Alright, I might just whine like they did.
At this point, I will apologise and tell them that I 'now understand' what wearing their shoes was like.
But truthfully, the apology isn't sincere.
I'm truly sorry only for myself.
I'm sorry that my shoes are painful for me to wear.

I think everyones a hypocrite, and everyones selfish.
This whole shoe business is tiring. Everyone should do a Marely instead; smoke weed write poetry and be happy, or something to that effect :P