Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dear... Sincerely Me.

Well, I'm going to start by saying I don't believe in you. I'm well aware this makes you uncomfortable. However, we must put our differences aside today and... chat? :) It's been only too long.

Differences


Tarana = Schrödinger's cat syndrome
God = Absolutely positive

Tarana = Tries to keep in touch
God = Will call me back later

Tarana = 17 year old girl with big eyes
God = Bearded blue man wearing a turban. Muscular. Has a tusk, perhaps.

Tarana = Afraid of the ambiguity of the future
God = Knew it before my ancestors were conceived


Just kidding. (?) But anyway, getting back to our long awaited articulation.


Hello dear. I'll get to the point.

You created man,

among many other animals. Only you "privileged" man with a brain.
No inbuilt chip that provides us with any idea of what the fuck we're to do with it.
Just... a brain. A big pink swirly thing that classifies us as indecisive, lackadaisical, pessimistic, and... sure. Uniquely intelligent.
Oh, and I know you. Your face's probably gone swollen red, just bursting out with a counter argument along the lines of "you're looking at the glass half empty!"
----> Dude, thats my point. Why would you even give me that option?

I get, that it might have been difficult for you to create a world where children pooped butterflies and all of us could bake muffins made of love, chocolate, and goodness. I realize, that everyone can't be equally loved and rewarded.
I understand, your position when you say that things really can't last forever.

But buddy, if you knew ALL of that... then why on earth couldn't you have made us into the kind of people that knew how to deal with it? Why would you introduce us to the harsh realities of life, if you couldn't give us the power to change.
Either you're optimistic upto the extent of lunacy and you truly believe that "we shall overcome"; or you're one twisted son of a bitch.
It's always ends with "The moral of the story." "How you played the game."
"The lesson." "Now I know what to do next time."

Diversions. Heres the real question.

When you paved paradise, and then put up a parking lot,
When the grass was always greener on the other side,
Were you only giving us reasons to lose hope so that we could come running back to you?
Because I feel like we're all looking for the same thing. All of us.
I can't really say what, but I swear it's on the tip of my tongue.